We advise our clients on defending criminal proceedings as well as assisting clients on the reporting of crime to the appropriate authorities. Our experience ranges from theft to complex international commercial fraud. We have successfully acted in a number of reported cases and our clients include State airlines, professional firms and individuals. We can, also, assist in cases involving HM Revenue & Customs and government and local authorities.
- We advise both companies and directors on the duties owed by directors to their fellow directors, the company, its shareholders and third parties.
- We also advise with regard to breaches of duties and responsibilities and any resulting claims. We advise directors who may have breached their duties and assist them in damage limitation and defending any subsequent legal action taken against them.
Fraudulent and wrongful trading activity is on the increase and we are well equipped to advise both on the bringing of proceedings and defending the same.
Fraud and Corruption
- We advise clients with regard to domestic and cross-border fraud and corruption investigations.
- We work closely with senior experienced counsel/barristers and forensic accountants, where necessary, to assist clients in defending allegations of this nature.
- We have experience of defending prosecutions in England and Wales brought by HM Revenue & Customs, the Overseas Anti-Corruption Unit (OACU), the Serious Fraud Office (SFO) and the Serious and Organised Crime Agency (SOCA). We also regularly advise on prosecutions brought by international investigative agencies to include the Securities and Exchange Commission (USA SEC), the New York District Attorney’s office, Swiss regulatory authorities and other European regulatory authorities.
- We also provide advice on challenging confiscation orders and have extensive experience of dealing with the Confiscation Unit.